When entering a coaching relationship with a MITOS coach
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well-being during my coaching sessions, including my choices and decisions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time.
- I understand that “coaching” is a professional relationship that is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal or professional goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
- I understand that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including work, finances, health, spiritual, relationships, education and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching into those areas, and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility.
- I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental health disorders as defined by the British Psychological Society and that coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy.
- I confirm that if I am currently in counselling, therapy or under the care of a mental health professional, that I have consulted with them regarding the advisability of working with a coach and that this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the coaching relationship.
- I understand that information will be held as confidential unless agreed otherwise, in writing, except as required by law.
- I understand that certain information may be anonymously shared with other coaching professionals, eg. for supervision, for training OR consultation purposes.
- I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other qualified professionals. I will seek independent professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my sole responsibility.
- I understand that it is my responsibility, as the client, to inform MITOS in writing in the event that I wish to end my coaching relationship. At this point MITOS will remove my personal contact information from their records and the onus will be on me to resume contact should the need arise.
- I am aware of the MITOS Safeguarding and Privacy Policies, including data protection.
I agree to:
- Meet my coach (in person or online) at the scheduled time.
- Pay invoices within 30 days of issue.
- Ensure at least 24 hours notice is given for cancellations, or pay a 50% charge (Nb. Discretion may be exercised in the event of an emergency)
To confirm you have read and agree to the above, please follow this link and fill in this form which will download a word document to your computer to fill in and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.