Code of Ethics
This code governs the conduct of the MITOS team for group and 1:1 coaching and training sessions. The team will:
- Always conduct themselves to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Maintain the good reputation of coaching and training.
- Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any agreements made with clients, potential clients, and professional colleagues.
- Make service level agreements with organisations when regular or ongoing services are required that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements.
- Ensure agreements are made with 1:1 clients ahead of commencing sessions.
- Represent true levels of status, title, competence and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud.
- Make no un-realistic claims or implications of the services provided.
- Obtain written permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
- Respect the absolute rights of clients’ confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
- Recommend different coaches or resources when these will be more appropriate to the clients’ needs.
- Not offer professional information or advice that you know to be confidential, misleading or where the accuracy is beyond our competence to assess.
- Not coach minors (people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent, guardian or teacher as appropriate.